Breast enhancement surgery helps women make lasting changes to their looks so they can enjoy their image and feel comfortable in their own bodies.
At Queen Anne Street Medical Centre, we believe in one truth: all women want to look and feel their absolute best.
If you desire to increase the size of your breasts, breast implants or breast augmentation surgery is the best option for you.
Breast Augmentation is currently the most common cosmetic procedure in the UK.
Also known as breast enlargement or the “boob job”, it is a very effective procedure providing thousands of women with renewed body confidence every year.
Many women are unhappy with their breasts, often after pregnancy or weight loss. Breast Augmentation is a surgical procedure to achieve the desired results of greater volume and a rounder shape.
Our surgeons ensure that great care is taken to really understand the results you wish to achieve. It is important that a natural shape is retained and your enhanced breasts are a size which suit you. Our experienced surgeons will discuss the range of techniques which can be utilised along with any risks and details of anticipated recovery.
Breast enlargement can be achieved with implants or alternatively “fat transfer” to add volume with more subtle results. Only the highest quality implants are used, the long term safety of our patients is paramount. The procedure is performed under local anaesthetic and usually takes around 90 minutes.
No two breast augmentations are the same; each is as diverse as a woman's unique goals and physique, and as different as the surgeon who performs them.
Our surgeons at QASMC offer:
- Extraordinary finesse, technical skill, and experience.
- Superlative certification, accreditation, and safety standards.
- A deep understanding and perspective of beautiful, natural, and proportional breast and body aesthetics.
- A passion for achieving gorgeous results that can be stunning yet subtle.
- A connection between patient, surgeon, and staff that is exceptionally warm, intimate, and comfortable.
Breast Uplift (Mastopexy)
For so many women, much more important than breast size is a beautiful, natural, youthful breast shape.
If your goal is to reduce the size of your breast to eliminate discomfort, back problems and other challenges, we can help you.
You may be happy with the size of your breasts but the natural effects of ageing and/or pregnancy and childbirth may have changed their shape and left them looking much less pert.
An increasing number of women are opting for breast uplift surgery to restore the natural fullness to their breasts and feel confident in their bodies again.
A breast uplift, is a more extensive surgical procedure than breast augmentation, which usually just involves inserting implants. However, in some cases, a breast lift and a breast augmentation can be done simultaneously to achieve the desired end result.
During Mastopexy pleats of surplus skin are removed from underneath the breast, the breast itself is remodelled into a tighter cone and the nipples are repositioned at a higher level so that they lie at the points of the tightened breasts. The procedure is performed under a general anaesthetic and unusually takes 2-3 hours.
The first step is a detailed consultation with one of our experienced cosmetic surgeons. They will discuss with you the results you wish to achieve, the technique they will use, along with advising you of any risks and details of anticipated recovery.
A breast uplift can achieve:
- Firmer and higher breasts that look more voluminous.
- Restore youthful nipple position.
- Improved and more attractive appearance in a wider range of clothing options including swimsuits and strappy and fitted tops.
- Able to wear clothing without the need for a bra to support the breast.
- Increases self-confidence. Those women who look good with pert breasts often makes a woman feel better about herself and more feminine.
- Can achieve symmetry of the breasts.
- Relieve contact of the breast skin on the chest.
Who is suitable for a breast uplift? Those who have:
- Sagging and pendulous breasts.
- Flatter and more empty looking breasts.
- Nipples that point downwards.
- Achieved substantial weight loss and their breasts have deflated with a lot of loose skin.
Breast Reduction / Mammoplasty
Making breasts smaller is only one of the many facets of breast reduction surgery. The true goals of breast reduction are beautiful breasts, achieved through enhancement of breast shape, position, projection, proportion and decreased volume.
Women with overly large breasts can suffer from physical discomfort such as back and neck pain, and feel self-conscious about their bodies.
We regularly perform breast reduction for those women who want breasts that are in proportion with the rest of the body, or who want relief from back or neck pain caused by overly large breasts.
The mammoplasty procedure itself is carried out under general anaesthetic and typically takes between two and four hours. There are various reduction techniques and the right option for you will depend on the size and shape of your breasts and the results you want to achieve. Your surgeon will discuss all the options with you and will ensure you’re fully aware of what the operation involves.
Some of our patients decide to have a breast reduction when they have:
- Heavy and pendulous breasts which give mild discomfort.
- Larger than normal breasts and can cause a great deal of distress and discomfort.
- Backache from having to support the extra weight and breast pain.
- Difficulty buying clothes due to chest disproportion.
- Difficulty in purchasing underwear.
- Inability to wear strappy tops or even the choice to not wear a bra.
- Desire to look better in your clothes / swimwear.
- Inability to take part in physical sports.
Breast implant removal or replacement
Here at Queen Anne Street Medical Centre, we frequently see women who have decided to have their breast implants removed. Just as a woman has the right to have breast implants put in, it is her right have them removed.
There are many reasons that women may choose to undergo breast explant surgery to remove their implants.
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your current breast implants or have experienced a problem with them, then you may be considering implant removal / replacement surgery.
Just as women undergo surgical procedures like breast augmentation to enhance their breasts, there are those who wish to remove their breast implants. Over time, many women can begin to experience certain changes to their bodies, which can sometimes make them feel physical and emotional discomfort. Breast implant explantation is a safe, surgical procedure that removes a woman’s implants to restore the breasts to their natural appearance and improves her overall self-esteem and lifestyle.
There are a number of different treatment options available to you depending on the look you wish to achieve and the condition of your current implants. Your surgeon will be able to discuss the various procedures to see which approach is right for you.
Possible reasons for removing or replacing your breast implants:
- Ruptured/deflated implants.
- Concern about the integrity of your implants – perhaps following the PIP scandal.
- ‘Bottoming out’ – when the implants sink below the natural breast crease.
- Capsular contracture – where the implants change & become firm.
- Perhaps you’re considering starting a family and are anxious about breastfeeding with implants.
- You may feel that your breast implants no longer suit your body or they are the wrong size and shape.