Liaquat Verjee is a specialist Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon in London. He holds degrees in medicine, surgery and psychology from Guys, Kings & St. Thomas’ Hospitals Medical School (GKT) and following broad general surgical training he was admitted as a Member of The Royal College of Surgeons of England (MRCS). He then specialised in Plastic surgery, gaining extensive experience in some of the UK’s highly prestigious surgical units in London and Chelmsford, culminating in Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England FRCS (Plast).
Liaquat is fellowship trained in Cosmetic surgery and worked closely with Nick Percival, who pioneered the PSP facelift, and is one of the most renowned and respected cosmetic surgeons in the UK. Liaquat has also worked with several other nationally and internationally recognised experts in plastic surgery. His clinical practice is now primarily focused on cosmetic breast surgery (augmentation, mastopexy, reduction), body contouring (liposuction, abdominoplasty), facial aesthetics (facelift, neck lift, brow lift, lip lift) and rejuvenation (CO2 laser skin resurfacing).
In line with his interest in cosmetic breast surgery, Liaquat is also fellowship trained in microsurgery and has significant experience in post-cancer breast reconstruction. He worked in the NHS as a Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon for two years, at the renowned St. Andrews Centre for Plastic Surgery & Burns in Chelmsford. In this busy practice he undertook breast reconstruction, upper & lower limb reconstruction, skin cancer surgery and general plastic surgery.
In addition to his clinical career, Liaquat is also an established academic. He was awarded a PhD from Imperial College London in 2010 and subsequently appointed Clinical Academic Lecturer in Plastic Surgery. He has been a regular speaker at national and international conferences, won numerous prizes and competitive grants, and published papers in both clinical and high impact scientific journals. His research has generated prestigious funding from The Scar Free Foundation, British Society for Surgery of the Hand, The Academy of Medical Sciences, and formed the basis of clinical trials currently being conducted at Oxford University.
• Breast augmentation, mastopexy (uplift), reduction
• Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), liposuction (Vaser), and body contouring
• Blepharoplasty (upper and lower eyelids)
• Facelift, neck lift, brow lift, and lip lift
• Otoplasty (prominent ear correction), earlobe surgery
• Lipofilling (fat grafting to treat facial/breast/body contour defects)
• Skin cancer treatment (including reconstruction with skin grafts & local flaps)
• Mole removal and scar revision
• CO2 laser skin resurfacing – facial rejuvenation and Madonna eyelift
Professional memberships include:
• Registered on the GMC specialist register for Plastic Surgery
• Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
• A full member of the British Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (BAPRAS)